POSITION TITLE: Warehouse/Production Trainer
COMPENSATION: $18-$30/hr., $500-$1,500 signing bonus
Under general supervision, the Warehouse/Production Trainer monitors client product production. Employees in this job class train staff, review quality control, and resolves production issues, while interacting with staff, and management on a regular basis. This job class requires knowledge of workflow and scheduling in a manufacturing environment, and the ability to effectively train others to produce client production outputs in a safe manner.
- Sets up work, directs workflow, and monitors the progress of projects through to completion.
- Ensures adherence to procedures, regulations, and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
- Trains, and monitors staff to assure the quality of work and progress of orders.
- Acts as a liaison between floor staff and Production Foreman to coordinate production schedules and changes, address employee issues, and foster communication.
- Participates in departmental and staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Observes behavior of clients while performing job, on transportation, and/or breaks, and responds to potential problems to minimize confrontation and/or ensure the safety of individuals.
- Creates a variety of documents including memos, performance summaries, and reoccurring reports including client attendance, case memos, and incident/accident reports.
- Works alongside assigned department, in both production and supervisor capacities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The following are required to enable jobholders to perform the primary tasks of the job.
- One year of related prior work experience in manufacturing, production, or scheduling.
- Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment operation including forklifts, pallet jacks, pushcarts, scales, and shrink-wrap production packaging equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy to use business software to enter data/retrieve data.
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving and common-sense skills.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- AA Degree (preferred)
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state, and/or contract requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Topnotch Metal Products is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.