POSITION TITLE: Production Worker/Sheet Metal Fabricator
Topnotch Metal Products is looking for an energetic sheet metal fabricator with a “Get it Done” attitude that takes pride in result of his or her work. Under direct supervision, the Fabricator will be responsible for fabricating HVAC sheet metal products following strict quality guidelines.
The candidate in this position will perform duties within an assembly line which can entail the set-up and operation of sheet metal fabrication equipment and the processing of raw material to finished assembled product.
If you are an experienced sheet metal fabricator, or an individual looking to work and gain skills in the sheet metal fabrication industry (will train in-house), we invite you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Setup and operation of fabricating equipment
- Reading and understanding work orders
- Working with hand and power tools and large sheet metal equipment
- Inspect processed parts ensuring that quality standards have been met
- Follow all company safety policies, procedures and protocols
- Perform required housekeeping routines and maintaining a safe work environment
- Communicate any quality issues to the supervisor
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required
- Two (2) years minimum experience in a metal fabrication environment is preferred but not required (will train).
- Ability to work 25 hours a week for part-time, 40 hours a week for full time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Ability to work within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Self-starter and able to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to work well within a diverse team of skill-sets and functions
- Eager and willing to increase their skill-sets in manufacturing
- Any previous experience with sheet metal fabrication
- Previous experience setting up and operating machines such as punch press, press brake, powder coating, spot or stitch welding
- Manufacturing and warehouse environment with exposure to machinery noises and smells
- Seasonal indoor environmental conditions ranging from cold mornings to hot afternoons
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Part-Time: 25 hrs/week
Full-Time: 40 hrs/week